2016-2017 Teacher of the Year
Seminole County Middle/High School
(L-R) Superintendent Brinson Register, TOY Jennifer Hodges, and Principal Kent Richardson
| MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Seminole County Middle/High School is to educate and graduate independent thinkers by providing a standard of high expectation through rigorous and balanced curriculum instruction.
| VISION STATEMENT
The vision of Seminole County Middle/High School to educate and graduate independent thinkers who will become productive world citizens.
| BELIEFS STATEMENT
We believe that
- learning is enhanced through family and community involvement.
- because student learning is the priority of Seminole County Middle/High School, learning needs will be the primary focus of all decisions made by and for our school.
- each student is a valued and unique individual whose needs will be provided for through current curriculum designed to include a variety of instructional approaches.
- the faculty and staff of Seminole County Middle/High School will endorse positive relationships with students which will promote self-esteem, trust, morality and mutual respect.
- a safe environment is essential for student learning.
- the commitment of continuous school improvement will support our vision to educate and graduate independent thinkers who will be productive and responsible citizens.
| WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND CAMPUS!
SENIOR YEARBOOK ADS
Senior Ad payments are due by December 16. Please see Mrs. Albritton to pay for your ad or if you have any questions.
CANNED FOOD DRIVE
The Principal's Advisory Council will be sponsoring a Canned Food Drive beginning Friday December 2 to Wednesday, December 14. Boxes will be placed in participating teacher's classrooms.
ATTENDANCE RECOVERY HOURSDon't forget if you have Attendance Recovery hours, these must be completed asap.
FBLA and FCCLA are sponsoring a Winter Need Drive from November 1 through December 15. You may donate clean, gently used or new coats, blankets, gloves, and hats in all sizes. You may also donate unexpired canned food items and non-perishables. We will also accept monetary donations to purchase more needed items. Contact Mrs. Hodges (FCCLA) or Mrs. Orrick (FBLA) for more information.
KINDLE FIRE TABLET RAFFLE
The Media Center is raffling off a Kindle Fire tablet before Christmas. This would make a wonderful gift for you or someone you care about. With the Kindle Fire tablet you can download numerous books, games, music, etc. from Amazon. With a Prime membership to Amazon much of this data is free. Tickets are $1.00 each and this is open to all students and staff. We will draw for the winner on Dec. 9. Good luck to all!
GEORGIA STUDENT FINANCE COMMISSION ASSISTANCE
Ms. Angie Wilson with GA Student Finance Commission will be available Monday, February 6, 2017 (by appointment only) from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM to help parents of seniors complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Appointments may be made by contacting the guidance office.
TRUCKLOAD DRINK SALES MONTHLY FUNDRAISER
FBLA, FCCLA and Yearbook Staff sell cases of Coke products each month. Flavored cases contain 24-20oz bottles for $20 each and Dasani 16.9 oz is $15. Available products are Classic Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Mello Yello, Pibb Extra, Fanta Orange, Fanta Grape, Fanta Strawberry, Fanta Pineapple, Seagram Ginger Ale, and Dasani. If you are interested in purchasing any please contact a member of one of these groups or their advisers, Kim Orrick (FBLA), Jennifer Hodges (FCCLA), or Mary Jean Albritton (Yearbook). The next order is due January 10 and will be delivered on January 20.
FBLA REGION LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
FBLA RLC will be held on Friday, January 13 at Southern Region Technical College in Moultrie. The bus will leave the school at 7:30 a.m. All attendees must be in Professional Attire. We will have eleven members competing in fourteen events. Best of luck to all!